Lowest consumption in biggest volumes: Kanga, the first Wallyace is now charter central by Floating Life Charter&Brokerage. At the Monaco Yacht Show 2012 charter management will have the pleasure to take press for a boat visit.
High Season (July & August): € 50.000 per week/MYBA
Low Season (other periods): € 45.000 per week/MYBA
After the successfull launch in Marina di Ravenna, Italy, the first unit of the innovative displacement line WallyAce, the 26m Kanga is now ready for chartering with Floating Life Charter&Brokerage. Kanga WallyAce is indeed a performance yacht in the sense that exceptionally performs the mission to provide more volumes, more comfort, more stability, with super reduced fuel consumption, noise and vibrations, aiming at the lovers of long cruises and life in the bays. A boat that carries the indisputable Wally signs of improved functions combined with contemporary and clean style, standing out in the displacement category. Her hull lines are classic yet contemporary reflecting the unmistakable Wally style.
The breakthrough WallyAce 26m Kanga is characterised by several distinctive marks, compared to the other boats in her category:
– wider and more stable hulls (10 to 15 % wider than similar yachts)
– longer waterline to increase performance
– higher free board to improve the seaworthiness in rough weather and increase the interior volumes
– lower centre of gravity generated by her sleeker lines
– bigger and more exploitable interior volumes
– larger open-air social areas
– unrivalled space within its length: 128 sqm of outside social space over two deck levels as well as a 50 sqm interior saloon area
– the total square metreage is 282 sqm, over 30 % greater than its nearest competitor in its length
– tender garage located amidships with direct access to the crew and service area
– aft owner’s and VIP suites opening onto the Terrace-on-the-sea® with direct access to the water
– separate entrance to the service quarter for the crew to directly access the tender and the dock
– heavy duty engines for long range cruises and low consumption
– gyroscopic stabilizer
– TA true long-distance ocean cruiser, she is classified as a “pleasure yacht” and therefore manageable without a professional crew
– engine room and tender garage located amidships to concentrate the weights in the centre of gravity and provide a smoother wave riding Wallybow® Kanga’s introduces the new Wallybow®: “The bulb is incorporated into the bow. This unique Wally design is an innovative feature developed by our R&D department –explains Tommaso de Luca, chief designer at Wally and WallyAce’s Technical Manager – that combines the vertical bow to pierce waves and the bulb to improve performance “.
Propulsion, Consumption, Range
The propulsion system is characterised by engines that run at low RPM offering many advantages such as low vibration, low noise, low consumption, little maintenance, and long life. “Kanga sails at 11.0-11.5 knot cruising speed at 1,300 rpm with a consumption around as little as 5 litres per nautical mile representing an unprecedented rate for a 10-guest/4-crew /90-ton motor yacht. As a result of this exceptional efficiency, Kanga range is expected to surpass the 3,000 nm: another remarkable and unique target in her category.
WallyAce 26m Kanga features three decks:
- the 60-sqm sun deck over the superstrucure that is a large sunbathing and lounge area, featuring the vast 3×3-meter sun-pad with adjustable backs, the fully equipped bar with counter and stools, and the sofas seating 8-10
- the 120-sqm main deck with the two social cockpits (one forward with table and seats for 8-10, and one aft with dining and lounge areas) and the superstrucure, that is completely surrounded by glass to enhance the Wally inside outside living concept
- the 95-sqm guest and service deck in the lower level
Interior layout and styling
The WallyAce 26m Kanga features over 50 sqm of social area incorporated in the glass walled superstructure, that includes the lounge with large sofas, the dining table for 10-12 guests, and the steering and navigation station. The accommodation layout reflects the perfect configuration for large families and charter capabilities: four large double cabins, sleeping up to10 people (two cabins have additional pullman beds) . All cabins have en-suites. The owner’s and VIP’s are aft opening onto the Terrace-on-the-sea® with direct access to the water. The crew and service area is forward, separated from the guest night area by the engine room and the garage, providing maximum privacy. The crew accommodation is for four people sleeping in two double cabins. The interior styling is simple and fresh, with teak wood joinery and beige coloured fabric.
WallyAce 26m is a semi-custom line built using the sandwich GRP construction technology. The hull skins are 50 % thicker than those required by the Classification Register, offering up to three times the mandatory solidity and toughness, to provide a true round-the-world cruiser. Kanga is undergoing extensive sea-trials before the delivery to her Owners for their summer cruise, and she will be on display at Monaco Yacht Show (September 19-22).